COVID-19: Latest Travel and Immigration Updates
Malaysia Entry Restriction (as of 19th July, 2021)
1. Entry is suspended for long-term pass holders arriving from certain high-risk countries.
– This applies to Argentina, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Italy, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States.
2. All flights to and from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are suspended.
– Entry is suspended for most categories of traveller who have been in these countries in the last 14 days.
– Exemptions are given for:
▪ Holders of diplomatic passports and officials, subject to 14-day government quarantine;
▪ Malaysian citizens returning from these countries subject to 14-day government quarantine;
▪ Holders of Permanent Resident (PR) status and foreign spouses to Malaysians travelling back from these countries subject to Entry Approval through MyTravelPass (MTP) portal and 21-day government quarantine.
– Exit to these countries is suspended for Malaysian nationals.
3. The quarantine period is extended from 14 to 21 days for authorised travellers from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
– The quarantine period is extended from 10 to 14 days for travellers from all other countries.
– The 14-day quarantine can be extended for another 7 days based on the risk assessment of each traveller carried out on the 14th day. If required, the 7- day quarantine will continue at the same Hotel/Quarantine Station.
– A negative pre-departure RT-PCR test, taken not more than 72 hours before departure, is mandatory before arrival in Malaysia.
– All travellers are required to undergo another RT-PCR test upon arrival.
4. A negative pre-departure COVID-19 PCR test, taken not more than 72 hours before departure, is now mandatory for travellers arriving from all countries.
5. All travellers are required to undergo another RT-PCR test upon arrival
6. Category of Passengers Allowed Entry:
b. Foreigners with Permanent Resident status
c. Diplomat and Dependant of Foreign Mission in Malaysia
d. Expatriates and their dependents, including foreign maids to expatriates who are holding a valid long-term pass and/or has obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia. The application made through MYEntry system in ESD https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/
e. The category of the pass are as follows:
i. Residence Pass-Talent (RP-T) and their dependent/s
ii. Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
iii. Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
iv. Dependant Pass to expatriate for all categories
v. Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT-SVP) to expatriate for all categories
vi. Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
f. Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) Pass Holders
g. Student Pass Holders
h. Medical Tourism – Malaysia Healthcare Travel Council (MHTC)
i. Other Long-Term Social Visit Pass (LTSVP) / Resident Pass / Temporary Employment Visit Pass (PLKS) / Professional Visit Pass (PVP/PLIK) / Dependant Pass to the LTVP Holders
j. Oil and Gas workers and Seafarers
Our team of Border Specialists are available to offer consultation and assistance on how you can travel to/from/within Malaysia.
Please email us at email@example.com or you may call us at (03) 92129788 (press #1) to speak to one of our Consultant to acquire assistance for complete documentation requirements.
Travel restrictions and advisories may change at short notice, and that you continue to be solely responsible for complying with all laws and/or travel requirements of jurisdictions to be flown from, into or over. Boustead Travel makes no representation or warranty (either express or implied) on the completeness or accuracy of the information contained herein, and shall not be liable for any errors or omissions, or any damages that may result from your access to, use of, and reliance on such information.
We encourage our customers to closely follow their local Government’s travel and health advisory services, as travel and health advice is changing regularly and differs by region.
Foreign Ministry: www.kln.gov.my
National Disaster Management Agency: www.nadma.gov.my
Immigration Department of Malaysia: www.imi.gov.my
Ministry of Health Malaysia: www.moh.gov.my
Ministry of Transport Malaysia: www.mot.gov.my
Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture Malaysia: www.motac.gov.my